Wednesday 7 August 2013

Hillarious UoN Med Quotes

Being admitted to a medical school can be the best news.This is especially the case for a young individual whose past life has been culminated by dreams fantasies and the desire to have a stethoscope hanging around their neck, as they march gracefully along hospital premises dressed in spotlessly sparkling white coats.No one would feel thrilled than to have the honour to take charge of a patient's ailing condition and confidently offer a profound remedy.Thinking of that one title "Daktari" makes them feel like they own the universe. Not to mention the respect the society accords them as if they were some king of demi gods.

Being one of such individuals,its only fair if I had those kinds of thoughts and the pride it ensued with being a medic.

"Not all that glitters is gold".

My first year in med school seemed to have a positive correlation with the wise man's saying.It wasn't a honeymoon climbing the ranks and becoming the dream doctor that you yearned so much to be.The reason being you had to invent some marriage-with benefit kind of relationship with your books; allowing them to be part of you,unless you wanted the demise of your relevance in  the    medical course.

Everything was complimenting Darwin's theory "survival of the fittest" and  "adaptive radiation" since the struggle now focused on becoming a second year rather than a being a doctor. Our common prayer was Every man for himself and God for us all. Words like 'reality' now more than ever made a significant sense. You were faced with the reality and you had to survive by all means.

Now, I set out to compile some of the best quotes made by the university of Nairobi medical school lecturers and students at the lecture theatre,Millenium hall 2 famously known as MH 2. Whereas some were inspiring,others made us question our existence and purpose in med school. Still others were hillarious and made us lively all through the course despite all odds.Hope you enjoy!

MH2 QUOTES.

"Medical school is like a military training" Dr. Awori aka Ngwazi

"Your main aim is to become a second year. Stop dreaming about being a neurosurgeon...when somebody asks you say 'when I grow up I want to be a second year'" Dr. Kaisha

"Lasts Anatomy is a basic book you can finish reading it in one weekend" Dr. Ndung'u

"For those who missed my lecture,I pray hard to my supreme intelligence that you may repeat first year,so that you come back I impart the same knowledge to you again..." Dr Njau

"When I was 14 I had a dream,adream to transform this country. But I couldnt do it alone,thats why I'm here..." Dr. Njau

"I'l be giving you lectures in one dimension but you need to understand them in more than
three dimensions" Dr. Njau

"Understanding the concept in four dimensions means you can name all the amino acids in 20 seconds" Dr. Njau

"A first year doesn't have enough knowledge to sustain an academic joke" Dr. Ndung'u

"I'm talking to those with minimum knowledge" -Dr.Ndung'u

" There's this prof at Kenyatta who never speaks to a first year because they don't have enough anatomy to sustain a conversation" Ngwazi

"Never trust your brain" Ngwazi

"Its not that we hate you,its just that we love Kenyans so much" Ngwazi

"Yeaaaaaah" Ngwazi

"Just cram"- Dr. Ongeti

"Some of us wanted to be cardiothoracic surgeons but we ended up doing orthopaedics!" Ngwazi

" And when you give the correct answer that prof. from Ghana will tell you Fantastica! I am
satisfied...gracias,abregado" Ngwazi

"Lemme find you facebooking in class,I'l take that phone then you go and tell your parents...I will ask them if this is what they teach you
at home...utaona" Ngwazi

"Nobody should take a photo of me. I don't want my face on facebook" Dr. Ndung'u

"I will plead with the board to admit few students next year because half of you are repeating" Ngwazi

"Me I dont complicate my life...you know" Prof. Saidi

"What do you think" Prof Saidi

"We are not ready" Members dissection table.

"Kwani your're always not ready?" Prof. Saidi

"If you sit in front of the class its either you are confident or shortsighted" Ngwazi

"You think the things we are telling you are jokes, wait till you go to Kenyatta, you will see...you will see" Ngwazi

"Ngwazi can never forget! Nilijua,ninajua na nitaendelea kujua.Unless you decide to hit me on my frontal lobe. But before you even do
that....disaster!!!!" Ngwazi

"If you don't know this commit suicide!" Ngwazi

"Oh I love Neoroanatomy...do you love neuro?" prof. Malek

"Corticopontocerebellothalamo"vprof. Malek

"Everything is ziree ziree ziree. Ziree functions,ziree connections;ziree nuclei...i love the cerebellum" prof.Malek

"Can it be said in a few words?...yes"prof.Malek

"You only mark the key words...simple" Prof Malek

"I know you dont have pocket money, am helping you to save (by extending class)" Dr. Juma

"Those are the BDS guys" Dr. Juma

"Dont show your nose here" Dr.Chek

"This is for further reading" Dr. Chek

"Isn't it" ICT lecturer

"The Na+ gated ion channels ni kama mzinga wa nyuki" prof. Thairu

"Gluteus maximus...si ni tako suli kubwa" Dr.Gikenye

"You people need to style up" Dr Ndung'u

"Use your Oblangata bodongo" Dr.Otieno

"Are you shy to say ass?... or what have you been dissecting,isn't it ass?" Dr. Otieno

"When your mazikwembe contract during reflex" Dr. Otieno

"Have a nice weekend and have time to relax, msisome sana pengine chenye mtasoma haitakuja kwa mtihani" Dr. Beda

"This is a champions league" Ngwazi

"Have we met the objectives?" prof OG

"My work is to stand on a stool and shine a torch ahead of you. If you go your own way shauri yako"prof.OG

"You are safe but dangerous" Prof OG

"According to Sinatamby the ligament of cooper helps to keep the protuberance of a young breast but with age it atrophies" Musa Bsc Anatomy

"If you don't know this then your're in the wrong place" Musa Bsc Anatomy

"You guyz are charged....eazy stuff huh!' Brian Kariuki Bsc Anatomy

"Who will pray for me before my moods go fowl again...a manamba ruined my moods in
town" Dr. Mandela

"The guy was talking a lot of crap in the orals and I was like..." Dr. Mandela

"Good morning everyone" Mc wangari

"Almighty father who was,who is and who is to come...increase the lenghth,the breadth and the height of our tremendous minds" Abednego

"Do you have a group discussion?" Dr.Odula

"You need to grow up a little bitfaster" Dr.Odula

"Am sure there're those with no idea about what am going to lecture...you should read before coming to the histology lecture"Dr.Pulei

"Where is that guy Abed...people should be faithful to their courses" Prof. OG

"My work is not to teach but to give a lecture...that's what I am,a lecturer" Prof. Nguu

"Wacha niende niivie neuro" Majority of students

"Seats zote zimebukiwa" members 4th bench left columm

Et cetera...et cetera

3 comments:

  1. Dr Otieno: Let me stand here and Pretend to teach, as you sit there and Pretend to Learn.

    Proff (that guy for Physio BLOOD) : Is my Nickname GoodMorning??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete